The bootpacking program at Aspen Highlands will continue this season in a similar manner as the past number of seasons. Since the season pass products being offered by Aspen Skiing Company has changed this season, below are the passes available to bootpackers.
- Bootpackers who volunteer for 15 days will be offered a Premier Pass.
- Premier Passes offered to bootpackers DO NOT include a complimentary Ikon Base Pass.
- Bootpackers who volunteer 7 days will be offered a Valley Weekday Pass.
- Bootpackers who volunteer 10 days will be offered a Valley 7 Pack Pass in addition to a Valley Weekday Pass.
- Bootpackers may add cash to the voucher to upgrade to the approved ASC Season Pass of their choice.
Due to the limitations imposed by COVID-19, we will not by having an organizational meeting for bootpackers. We will continue to communicate primarily via posts on the highlandspatrol.com website. We hope to begin bootpacking in early November, but that depends as always on the snowfall. The IT department is working to put the appropriate waivers online. These bootpackers waivers are not yet available, but we will notify the bootpackers when this occurs.
Daily Plan of Operation for Bootpackers during COVID-19 pandemic:
As bootpackers arrive daily for check in they will be screened for signs and symptoms associated with COVID-19 including having their temperatures checked.
Bootpackers will be divided into groups of not more than eight packers.
Each group will be managed by two patrollers.
Each group will stay together and follow the five commitments of containment throughout the day.
This includes maintaining a social distance and using a face covering while performing these activities:
organizing gear in the morning,
riding the lifts
working in the field
stopping for lunch
checking out at the end of the day.
Pitkin County’s Recovery Plan for COVID-19 to make Aspen safer and healthier means we all must follow the five commitments of containment:
1. I will maintain six feet of distance from anyone not in my household
2. I will wash my hands often
3. I will cover my face in public
4. I will stay home when I’m sick
5. I will seek testing immediately and self-report if I experience symptoms